Fitness for Christmas is here! The greatest time of the year! Food, booze, catching up with friends. It’s the party season and I hope you all have your sparkles at the ready!
Let’s face it! Who wants to go to the gym over the festive period!? I certainly don’t between food coma’s and hangovers. With all the catching up to do, family to see and presents to buy, it’s pretty hard to fit in a gym session.
So here is a list of five exercises you can do at home in your living room. Between mince pies and Baileys.
These exercises are going to TONE, SCULPT and get that heart rate pumping to burn those calories in the least amount of time possible. (need time for eating)
I would advise starting with a warm-up – star jumps, high knees, stretches. Prepare your body for the workout.
Fitness For Christmas
Switch on your phone timer. Do each exercise for 2 minutes on and 20 seconds off rest/stretch.
What do I need?
- Gym wear/squat proof
- Phone (timer)
- Yoga Mat (optional)
- Sofa or something to put hands on
- Water (stay hydrated)
- Festive music (optional)
- Resistant Band (optional)
Exercise 1 SQUATS
Targets the Glutes, Core, Hamstrings and Quads.
- Squat into the heels, keep the chest up and engage that core! Arms in front for support and squeeze those glutes when you lift up!
- Progression – Squat jacks out and in – stay low.
- Progression – Squat Jumps
Exercise 2 GLUTE BURNER
Targets Glutes, Hamstrings and Core
- 4 Point Kneel – Arms shoulder width apart, push away from the floor. Engage core and try to keep the lower back as stable as possible
- Keep leg bent at the knee! Make sure you’re activating the Hamstring.
- Draw your belly button in towards your spine.
Exercise 3 CORE
Targets Core Stability, Strength, Control and Obliques
- Low Plank – Arms shoulder width apart, hips down, core engaged. Keep neck in line with the spine
- Hip Dips – Try to keep hips down
- Knee to Elbow – Exhale out and keep hips dooown!!
Exercise 4 PRESSUPS
Targets Biceps, Upper Back, Triceps and Core
- Pressups – Arms a little bit further than shoulder width apart, tailbone tucked, core engaged.
- Progression – straight legs
- Progression – One leg off
Exercise 5 FUN BURPEES
Targets Full Body, Pulse Raiser
- Burpees – Try to jump straight out to high plank, with hips down and core engaged then jump straight UP!
- Progression – Add a push up from the floor
- Progression – Tuck Jump
Fitness For Christmas!
Try this workout at least 3 times to see a difference and make a note at how much easier it is! Fitness is still possible at Christmas but It can totally be done in 30 mins or less in the living room while to Turkey cooks!
Let me know how you get on and have a lovely Christmas!