The skincare tips I can not live without. So it’s happened! I’m no longer the early 20’s faze. I’m officially closer to 30 than I am 20 and I can’t lie. That kind of freaked me out. But there is no better time than now to start adding to your skin care regime. I recently read an article which said Jennifer Lopez starting looking after her skin from the tender age of 19! I mean who does not want to look like JLO and have her skin at that age! Isn’t she almost 50?
Skincare Is Self Care.
Looking after your skin and wellbeing is all apart of self care. Getting enough sleep, staying hydrated, eating less greasy or processed food. There are a few tips that I live by. They help with overall health which directly impacts your skin and skins appearance. For example. After a heavy night out or a long week of working and little sleep. You notice the effects on your skin. It’s the part of your body that you can not hide. Yes, you can use makeup to cover up and hide blemishes or dark circles. But you don’t want to be covering your skin in make-up 24/7. Focus on your overall health and it will improve your skins
- Drink Water – Honestly so simple but so effective. I try to drink at least 2.5 liters a day. I rarely get pimples and it helps reduce my oily breakouts. Dehydration takes its toll on your skin leaving it dry, loose, flakey, all signs of aging!
- Limit Sun Exposure – I used to spend hours in the sun at any chance I got. But I quickly realized it’s so damaging to your skin. Use sun protection especially on your face! I would suggest actually covering your face with a high SPF if you still want to tan.
- Exfoliate at least twice weekly – Encourage the shedding of dead skin cells to speed up the growth of new ones. Young skin is smooth and reflects the light better whereas older skin tends to be rough and retracts the light. Exfoliating at least twice a week will help you maintain a youthful glow.
- Always remove your makeup – NEVER go to bed without cleansing your face. It clogs your pores, stretches them and causes collagen breakdown (a protein found in skin that reduces wrinkles and lines). Always cleanse and remove makeup with warm water and a makeup remover.
- Get More Beauty Sleep – Sleep actually helps your skin repair itself. New cells grow and replace older ones. (glowing skin). When you lack sleep your more stressed and tend to crave processed or sugary food which in turn is bad for your skin. Sleep and stay away from those
- Olay Ultimate Eye Cream – Iv been using this for a month under my eyes to try and reduce dark circles. It’s been
a hugeinsecurity of mine as I’ve had dark circles under my eyes since I was young. Always becomes worse when I’m tired, stressed or dehydrated. This cream has helped me reduce the puffynessand darkness under my eyes and also made me look forward to taking my foundation off just to see the effect! Yes from me
HyluronicSerum – This Serum has changed my skin care routine. When I hit 26 I thought about doing botox or fillers in a few years. Just to keep that glowing and full look. But since using this serum and the tips above. Looking after my body and my skin. I’ve not had that urge. Very happy with how this Serum has left my skin feeling and looking. Plump, glowing and fresh.
- St Ives Blemish Control – I love this facial scrub. I use it in the mornings and instantly feel refreshed and clean. It has an apricot scent. Creamy texture with beads and you can scrub into the t zone areas then use it as a mask everywhere else. I even use it on my bikini line sometimes to exfoliate. Iv been using it for years at least twice a week.
All of these products are affordable and you can easily pick them up in your local boots or on