How do I get myself motivated to exercise? I hear this all the time in my direct messages and emails. Summer is fast approaching and we all want to look and feel our best for the best time of the year :). Other’s disagree but I just LOVE summer! It can feel tricky juggling work, social lives
All of these reasons and I’m sure there are lots more, are valid reason’s to not feel motivated to exercise. But there’s totally nothing wrong with that. Who feels motivated 24/7 anyway let’s be honest? The difference though is committing to exercising even when you are not at all motivated. The time’s we step up when we don’t want to or it feels difficult are when they count the most! Remember it takes at least 6 week’s to notice a difference so disciple is key.
My top 5 tips to get motivated to exercise even when you’re not feeling it.
- Go through your diary on a Sunday or Monday (best at the start of the week) and schedule in at least 4-5 spaces you can fit in a workout. They don’t have to be long, at least 30 mins.
- Plan out your workout’s before time. If you know that Tuesday’s are leg days and Thursday’s are upper body days. You already have the momentum to get going rather than trying to think of a workout on the spot.
Focus on the feeling AFTER the workout
- This really
help’sme. I focus on how great I will feel after I’vaccomplished a great workout. How much stronger, motivated or accomplished I will feel.
- This is great for your mental health also as you automatically feel better after a workout as you’ve already decided it’s a positive thing
Create a killer playlist
- A good playlist while working out is essential. Choose motivational tracks and hardcore beats to swap between intensity. I use www.spotify.com
- Choose artist’s you like. Listening to your favorite artist while doing your 50th squat will give you that last little push of motivation that you need.
Tailor Your Workout’s To Fit Your Mood
- If you’ve been rushing around all day and have zero energy, maybe try a workout less cardio based and more strength and stretching
- If you wake up with bundles of energy, or in a bad mood. Channel that energy in your workout.
Dress The Part
- Trick your brain by putting your workout gear on, even if
yournot feeling 100% motivated. Your already in your gear so you may aswelget moving 🙂
- Wear something you feel good in that will make you feel good when working out.
Remember exercise is all part of self-love, so show yourself that love consistently and notice a difference in your health, mindset, and body. No one feel’s motivated all the time that is just impossible, but it’s not actually about that. It’s about committing to something 4-5 times a week and knowing that it will make a positive impact on your life regardless of what your goals are.
Pop me a message or comment with your top tricks to get motivated to exercise as I would love to share with my followers. Have a great week and thank you for reading.