Wouldn’t it be great if you could be the exact person you envision yourself to be at work or in business? Speaking out with confidence and going for that promotion. Meeting with client’s or colleagues confidently and not being afraid to voice your opinion or suggestions. Just imagine all the door’s that would have opened if you stuck to your gut without second-guessing your ability or confidence in the role.
I did a poll recently on my Instagram, asking which post you would like next. T
Why Take Advice From Me?
Apart from doing weeks of countless research and polls. I’m a trained actress and new business owner. I have countless experience of ‘putting it on’ in the audition rooms in front of a cold panel of people. Having to put on a poker face, give myself that inner talk and build confidence from somewhere to sing a song that I was given two days before. It really has taught me how to flip a switch in my mind and make myself believe I will get the role. I now have to do the same thing with my blog and working with
Create A Confidence Mindset
- Cut the negative self-talk – It’s so easy to talk negatively about yourself, to yourself! Pay attention to your thought’s and imagine your talking to somebody else. You would never say such such negative thing’s to someone else’s face because you wouldn’t want to hurt their feeling’s. Treat yourself the same way! Be realistic but don’t put yourself down. It doesn’t help you in any way and it’s not productive.
- Cut negative language. ‘I Can’t’ – If your constantly telling yourself I can’t, I won’t. You’re limiting your mind and limiting your potential. Ask yourself how can I or what do I need to do?
- Focus On Your Success’s – It’s very hard to feel confident when you focus on what you’re not so good at. Remind yourself of your abilities and previous success. That may be a project at work or smashing an interview in the past. Remind yourself at least once a week what you are capable of. We are our own worst critic at time’s but we should also be our own biggest fan!
- Improve Your Knowledge – Take some time out to study and do some research. Improving your knowledge instantly drives a confidence mindset. The more you know the more confident you will be.
- Have Fun – Yes we want to be successful, but there is nothing worse than taking yourself TOO seriously and over thinking or putting people/things on a pedestal. Remember we are all human, everyone make’s mistakes and life goes on. It would be boring if we didn’t remember to have a bit of fun.
The confidence checklist! Copy and paste this list below into your notes on your phone and I want you to look back over it whenever you need that little extra boost or push! When you start to doubt yourself or your ability. Or even if you just want to start your day in a positive confident way! Use this checklist and sooner or later it will become second nature.
- Go over your goals or plans for the day and envision yourself excelling those goals.
- Posture! Stand up straight and tall. The power pose
- Look the part. Groom, makeup. Make an effort with your appearance. ‘When you look the part you feel the part’.
- Smile. A smile can change your mood instantly. Start your day doing something that will make you smile. Like listening to your favourite song or reading a positive book.
- Affirmations. Tell yourself exactly how confident you are.