Do you find yourself running out of pictures to post? Taking photos for Instagram but not enough? Are you starting to build followers and engagement on your page but don’t have enough content to post? Maybe you don’t have time to create content around work and commitments. Do you want to keep your followers engaged with good, quality content but don’t have the time?
If you’ve started to build a following, this means you may be taking Instagram seriously in terms of working with brands and other content creators. So it’s time you start thinking about your Instagram like a business and plan ahead!
Iv managed to build a following of 33k, through working with brands, creating content and blogs.
I will take you through a few hacks I use to ensure I have enough quality content to post and keep my feed interesting, in line with my brand and also engaging. But also have enough time for work, social events, and just general life things…remember taking photos for Instagram should be fun also.
- Go through your schedule for the week and plan specific times to dedicate to creating content. I would recommend at least 2-3 hours to give you enough time.
- Plan your outfits, location and theme ideas to save time on the day.
- So if you’re shooting a fitness style shot, try 3 different outfits and 3 different locations. This means you have plenty of content for the next couple of weeks.
- Change up your hairstyle, hair up/down. Accessories to keep the shots fresh.
- Try changing outfits with outer jackets, shoes, and accessories. It’s easier to bring jackets or shoes to change into them, especially if your shooting outside. Rather than bringing whole outfits.
Create A Mood Board
- You can do this using Pinterest or Google images. It can take literally 15 minutes, scroll through using a few keywords. Look for images you think stand out and catch your eye. Then start creating a mood board by saving a bunch of photos you like.
- Think about backgrounds, colour schemes, moods. Are you happy? Laughing? Serious? Plan it out ahead of time so that your not spending time getting the right feel for the shot. You can shoot and go!
- Get idea’s for poses off the mood boards.
Use Video Or Live Option (on iPhone)
- I find live help’s me find loads of different poses and natural moment’s which look great and saves shooting loads!
- On live you can edit the final image, so you have lots of options.
Iv started to do this regularly and found it extremely helpful. What actually inspired me to plan and treat my Instagram like a business is Vannesa Lau Youtube video. Content creation is fun, so have fun with it. But remember if you want to take this seriously, you need to dedicate sufficient time and a little effort. Most content creators or influencers are self made. Unless your someone already in the public eye. You have to work a little harder to get noticed on social media and build a platform. However using simple marketing techniques, that’s possible. Instagram is a marketing tool, so alway’s keep that in mind when creating content and planning content.
I personally love creating content now it’s usually a lot of fun. But it’s also great to see your content do well on Instagram and receive paid collaborations due to your content so keep that in mind when targeting certain accounts.
You may also find My Guide To Using Instagram To Gain Followers helpful.
Have a great week and thanks for reading